Friday 19 December 2014

Army boys I have found. (19-12-2014 post)

Okay, I'm off to a great start, yesterday was a day of research and I completely forgot I had a blog for this.

To make it up I will do a double post today.....

Yesterdays post will be of what I found out yesterday :) (of course.)

Below is a copy paste from a website called

This blew my mind! I had no idea there was another member in this family line included in the army, I called up my father to see what he knew and he said that that info was new for him also. The other individual is Thomas Chipp who was born in 1754, but I will talk about him another day.

The first man I discovered was John Edward BALDOCK.

World War I - Service number G/20127, Private, 6th Btn "The Buffs" (East Kent Regiment).

He was born in 1896 in Swingfield, Kent, England.
He is the son of John Baldock and Emma Ellen Allan.
Enlisted in Canterbury, England. However he lived in Elham, England.
John was killed in action on the 8th September 1918 and is commemorated at Panel 3 Vis-En-Artois, Pas De Calais, France. Though I have looked I am yet to see the panel...

Sources: 1. http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Kent/Elham.html
               2. http://www.fadedgenes.co.uk/JosephBaldockDescendants.html

The second individual was Walter William FAGG.

Born in 1886 to Thomas Joseph FAGG and Annie Maria SHEATH of Stourmouth in Kent.
He also enlisted in Canterbury, England but lived in Walmer, England.
Walter was private 4471 of the 2nd Dragoon Gaurds (Queen's Bays).
He was killed in action 1 Sep 1914 at Nery, France and is buried in Verberie, French National Cemetery.

Source: 1. http://www.fadedgenes.co.uk/JosephBaldockDescendants.html

I will reveal more about these men in the future, but for now I wanted to tell the world of my new find (I'm sure it's old news to everyone researching this tree though).

Merry Christmas and God bless,

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment