Thursday 18 December 2014

Baldock Family History

Generations upon generations are hidden within every family's history!
Little did I truly realise this until it was too late.......

Hi, my name is Mark and I have an addiction.
My addiction has given me some good times and some bad times. If it's okay, I'd very much like to take you on my journey which started back in 2012. (okay, I have an addictive personality. I have been hooked since the start!)

Before I start my journey which appears from out of nowhere in 1570, I'm going to point out that this Baldock family originates, to my knowledge from the Kent area of England.
The man responsible for bringing us to Australia was;

Mr John Baldock who was born in Canterbury, Kent, England to John and Susannah (nee Newing) Baldock.

In 1851 and 1861, John lived in Womenswold, Kent, England.

Arriving on the 8th October 1873 he landed in Moreton Bay just 45km from Brisbane.

With 7 siblings growing up around him, he was part of a large family. Perhaps even a twin alongside his sister Emily who was also born in 1850.

On the 12 Dec 1880, John married Susannah Amelia Alderman and together they had 6 of their own children, one being named Emily (no other child bears an Aunt or Uncle's name.)

On the 6 of August 1927, John died in Gulgong, NSW at the age of 77 and is buried in the Church of England section of the Gulgong Cemetery.
 
 
The above portrait is John Baldock so I am told.

  Sort of hard to read but the inscription is;

In Loving Memory Of
JOHN BALDOCK
Who departed this life
6th AUGUST 1927
aged 77 years
 
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
 
 
By doing this blog I hope to somehow help others researching this family line. If not, I hope to incite inspiration to others in moving through their rich family genealogy.
 
If you are a descendant to John Baldock or anyone connected to him for that matter, I'd love to hear from you!
 
E-mail can be sent through to M.Baldock1990@gmail.com until I can sort some extra stuff out.
 
Merry Christmas Guys, God bless.
 
Cheers,
Mark.  

No comments:

Post a Comment